Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
The role of Senior Healthcare Project Manager requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to self-direct, strong background in active hospital project/construction management, client representation and marketing professional services as well as personnel management. The role also requires experience in overall project team selection, site selection, risk evaluation, and value judgment decision making.
- Lead or provide support in site selection analysis and decision making.
- Facilitate involvement of the project’s key stakeholders at appropriate levels and times.
- Support client’s project administrative needs as appropriate.
- Implement and maintain project controls, communication reports, and presentation materials.
- Attend, take meeting minutes, and participate in design and construction meetings.
- Attend, take meeting minutes, and participate in public meeting meetings and presentations to elected officials, the public, and stakeholders.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate hand-off of the facility to client’s operations personnel.
- Develop or advise on development of warranty, closeout, and commissioning strategies.
- Lead or assist with development and management of overall project budget, as appropriate to meet client requirements.
- Review progress payments, cash flow, change requests, RFI’s, and submittals.
- Lead or assist with development and management of overall project schedule, risk registers, and project management plan.
- Coordinate overall design and construction process.
- Develop Request for Qualifications and Request for Proposals.
- Participate in proposal interviews.
- Guide design development through applicable sustainability reviews or building certification preparations to meet project/client requirements.
- Directly supervises and reviews performance of employees or consultants if applicable or as assigned.
- Develop and mentor staff as appropriate or assigned.
- Collaborate with internal staff and marketing department for proposal response and business development opportunities.
- Drive to various job sites/offices.
- BS in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university. Foreign degree equivalent is acceptable.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, P6, or other scheduling software.
- Knowledge of BIM oversight coordination.
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Assurance and Quality Control planning, monitoring, and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of design/construction drawings, specifications, and basis of design documents.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, electrical, and low voltage systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of phasing and system shutdowns associated with continuous hospital facility operations and building systems.
- Experience in managing complex, acute care hospital projects from pre-construction phases through occupancy.
- Demonstrated understanding of infection control protocols and life safety measures.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical equipment documents and coordination.
- Experience in value engineering exercises, mock-ups, and move/relocation coordination.
- Experience in managing design-build contracts in Washington. Assoc DBIA Accredited Professional a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of green and sustainable building practices, LEEDTM Accredited Professional a plus.
- Experience with web-based project management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in management of professional staff.
- Ten or more years of project and construction management experience.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC's building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made "The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington", and continues to earn "Washington's Best Companies to Work For" – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington's Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
The future is bright as we continue to expand - check out our website for more:
OAC is an equal opportunity employer.